Wednesday 5 February 2014

Sound - Can you keep a secrete?


Before jumping into searching for sound for the film opening, I decided to do some initial research. I looked at the sound in films with a similar genre to our film, which we decribe as Horror/Psychological Thriller.

Examples:
 

After I got an idea of the type of sound I was looking for, I used Creative Commons to find websites that offered me copyright free music. I used Sound Cloud and Jamendo to find the soundtrack I wanted to use in my film opening. I typed in key words such as:
- Scary
- Horror
- Evil
- Footsteps
- Haunted
- Creaky
... into the search engine to find the soundtrack I wanted. The search was much harder than I thought it would have been, as I kept on finding Hip Hop music, which isn't a genre popularly used in Horror films.

After 5 hours of searching I finally found two decent soundtracks that I was able to use in my film opening. You can see the sounds on the slides in the presentation.





No comments:

Post a Comment