Tuesday 11 March 2014

The Editing process summarised

I haven’t put up that many ‘Formal’ Editing most during the editing process however I have worked hard on updating what is currently happening. I have been coming in individually in my spare time to edit the rough cut and final project however, I haven’t managed to take many screen Grabs. So I thought that I’d make a personal summary on the editing process.  

So all together there has been Three formal days of editing

Day 1

On the first day of editing I and Lauren worked on the rough cut. Working on the rough cut was pretty easy because both I and Lauren had previously began work on the rough cut. Lesson one focused on trimming the clips more precisely and just putting all the footage in the correct order to produce a quick rough cut.

Day one was very quick, relaxed and easy. It was probably the most enjoyable day out of the editing process as I had more control over the footage and got to make a large contribution.

 Day 2

Day two was very different! Esther and Maya had finished working on the company indent and decided they wanted to edit, I thought it wasn't necessary for all four of us to work on the final project, (now thinking back, I was wrong). I decided to go off and do some more research and finish of some blog posts, I thought it wouldn't matter because I had put in a large contribution anyway, in my spare time and at breaks. Little did I know the group would stay behind for extra time, I guess that’s one of my biggest lessons learned throughout this project TEAMWORK.

Day3

Day three I decided to pull my socks up and try as hard as I could to work as a team even If that meant unproductively sitting and observing. Luckily that wasn't the case, I was sent to film the voice over with Lauren, and after we filmed that we all came back and edited. I guess group editing wasn't so bad after all, in fact it was actually quite fun. After I went to a photography workshop I decided to go to media and see if there was anything else I could do ,  it looked like Esther and Lauren had the same idea as they was there two. That day we finished up the film opening and marked the ‘Finish’ wall as a TEAM.


The editing process was Hard Work! I learnt new skills and strengthened some of my weaknesses. Even though I wasn't the best Team mate I tried, and that effort that I put into trying to be a better team member really benefited the team and helped us to create an awesome film opening. 








Here are some sneaky shots I stole from Lauren's upcoming Vlog 






No comments:

Post a Comment